August 21 - 24, 2012
The 2012 IFASA Congress will be held in Copenhagen, Denmark from August 21-24. The Congress is sponsored by Kopenhagen Fur with scientific support from The National Veterinary Institute at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Research Centre Foulum at Aarhus University (AU) and Faculty of Life Sciences at University of Copenhagen (KU).
The venue is the Scandic Copenhagen where a block of rooms has been reserved for the IFASA Conference.
Registration is available on-line but abstract submission is closed by December 31st 2011.
The organizing committee is chaired by Peter Foged Larsen, Kopenhagen Research.
The scientific committee consists of:
IFASA representative: Steen H. Møller (AU)
- Health & Disease: Tove Clausen (Kopenhagen Research); Anne Sofie Hammer (DTU).
- Nutrition & Feeding: Tor Michael Lassen (Kopenhagen Consultancy); Jan Elnif (KU).
- Breeding & Genetics: Vivi Hunniche Nielsen (AU); Anne-Helene Tauson (KU).
- Behaviour & Welfare : Leif Lau Jeppesen (KU); Steffen W Hansen (AU).
- Special theme on Welfur for mink and foxes: Steen H. Møller (AU) & Jakko Mononen (UEF)
Exciting scientific and social programs, along with a pre-congress event are in the planning. Information will be presented here on the IFASA website as it becomes available.
Copenhagen is the capital and largest city of Denmark, with an urban population of 1,181,239 and a metropolitan population of 1,901,789. Copenhagen is situated on the islands of Zealand and Amager. More information about our wonderful capital can be found on www.visitcopenhagen.com
Students and postdoctoral fellows: Funds are available for a limited number of awards to defray the costs of registration and housing for students and postdoctoral fellows. Details will be published on the website in the near future.